Millions of people suffer from tooth loss. Whether your tooth loss was caused by tooth decay, or by an accident or injury, it can be embarrassing. Your smile is one of the first things that people notice about you. When you are missing a tooth, it can change the look of your style drastically. Luckily, if you are suffering from tooth loss, you have options. One very common option is the mini dental implant.
What Are Mini Implants?
A mini dental implant is a false tooth, which is permanently affixed in your mouth. The implant is screwed right into the jaw bone. Mini implants look just like your natural teeth.
How Are Mini Implants Different than Traditional Dental Implants?
The main difference between mini and traditional dental implants is the dimensions. Traditional dental implants are over three millimeters in diameter, and mini implants are less than three millimeters in diameter. Because of the size of mini dental implants, it is very important that they are accurately positioned into the jaw bone. Mini implants have a coating of osseon. This unique coating allows the implant to join to the bone must faster.
What Are the Benefits of Mini Dental Implants Over Bridges or Dentures?
While bridges and dentures are effective ways to treat tooth loss, mini dental implants have several benefits over both.
- No need to remove for cleaning: When you have dentures or bridges, you must remove them regularly in order to clean them. To clean mini implants, you simply brush them, the same way you would with your natural teeth.
- No problems eating: When you have dentures or a dental bridge, eating certain foods can be difficult. Eating very sticky foods can be difficult with dental bridges, as it can stick to the bridge. When this happens, it may be necessary to remove the bridge in order to remove the sticky food. When you have dentures, there are certain foods which can get stuck underneath the dentures. One of the most common culprits is the small seeds from fruit.
- Lasts forever: When you have dentures or dental bridges, you would need to replace them every 10 to 15 years. This can be rather costly. When you have mini implants, there is no need to replace them. They are made to last a lifetime.
- Less worry: When you have dentures or a dental bridge, it is not uncommon for them to move around when you speak, sleep, and even laugh. Because mini implants are permanently affixed, you do not need to worry about any movement.
- Easier speaking: When you are wearing dentures or a dental bridge, it is possible for your speech to sound slightly slurred. This is because you have a relatively large object in your mouth. Mini implants are fitted in with a screw, therefore, your speech would not be affected.
- Your natural teeth will be healthier: When you have a dental bridge, the tooth beside the bridge can be damaged. When you have a mini implant, this is not a worry.
How Much Do Mini Dental Implants Cost?
Mini implants can cost between $400 and $1,200. The cost depends on the type of implant used, how many are needed, and the dentist who is performing the surgery.
Mini implants are an excellent way to treat tooth loss, and reclaim your beautiful smile. Contact OMSH to schedule that appointment needed to obtain a healthier mouth.