If you are constantly tired during the day or never feel as if you got a good night’s rest, you could be suffering from nighttime bruxism, otherwise known as tooth grinding. Many people subconsciously grind their teeth throughout the night yet have no idea that they are doing it. If you are stressed while you are sleeping, chances are you are not getting proper rest, which results in you feeling tired all day long.Teeth grinding is detrimental to your teeth as well as your physical health and needs to be addressed right away.
Signs of Teeth Grinding
- Sore muscles in your jaw or face when you wake up
- A partner that tells you about your grinding because it kept him/her awake at night
- Enamel that is worn away, exposing the inner parts of your teeth
- Uneven wear and tear on your teeth
- Chronic headaches
- Sensitive teeth
- Chronic ear pain without an ear infection
- Difficulty chewing or biting down on hard foods
If you suffer from any of these signs in combination with feeling chronically tired, you need an evaluation for teeth grinding. With a few simple tests we can determine if you are grinding your teeth as well as provide you with proper treatment and prevention to help put an end to this habit that is wreaking havoc on your oral health. Teeth grinding can put your teeth in great danger, it is important to put a stop to it today.
Are you are experiencing teeth grinding? Call us today for more information about your options for treatment.